Re: Method lookup search

On Apr 3,  6:13pm, Bay-Wei Chang wrote:
} We've been thinking about this problem too.  In our paper, "Parents are
} shared parts of objects: inheritance and encapsulation in Self" (in The
} Self Papers), we mention another example of this problem, with

  Yes, it was reading this that prompted me to rehash the conversation
with Danny that lead to his post. In particular, it was the paragraph
below that I wanted to ask about.

} "We are considering altering the lookup rules to always search children
}  before their ancestors, even if the children are on lower-priority paths
}  than the ancestors."

  Please consider me a supporter.