Re: concurrency

Paulo,

Here are the answers to your questions:

> 1) Is there any concurrency facility in Self

Yes, Self supports lightweight threads and the object library includes a
a preemptive scheduler, semaphores, etc. I/O operations block only the thread,
not the entire Unix process, so other Self threads can continue to run. The
scheduler is written in Self and thus could be modified to, for example,
support priorities.

> 2) Is there any time limit for Self to become a available comercial language
> 4) Is any known software Enterprise (Sun, Microsoft, IBM, etc.) trying
>     to release a comercial version of self.

Self is a research project. As far as we know, neither Sun nor anyone else has
plans to make Self into a product. However, the current (free) system is quite
stable enough to do useful work.

> 3) In my point of view, reflective facilities in Self make it a good language
>    for OODB. Is there any work in this area (OODB) for self.

No. If you do any work in this area please let us know about it!

Let me know if you have any further questions.

	-- John