Re: C++ interface

	I read in a recent post about a project to ease the job of
	interfacing Self to other languages.  (I deleted the post, so I
	am not able to quote from it.)  I was just wondering if there
	is any chance that the C++ part could be released seperately
	when it is ready - since I thought it said that this (and/or C)
	were being done first?

	The impression I got is that it would parse C++ header files
	and, based on the class definitions, would generate C++ Glue
	code automatically.  Is this what you are working on?

	Since it seems like kind of an independent piece of work, is
	there any chance it will be released seperately (and therefore
	sooner of course) from the next Self release (which is
	understandably, a long war off)?

	Dick

First of all, the glue-gun (working name!) is still some way off. Can't
say precisely how long, but it won't be finihsed next month. Second,
depending on what it actually turns into, it may or may not be something
that can be released independantly of the VM. I guess it is likely that
it can't be, but I do of course see a point in allowing it to be, if it is
possible.

Sorry if this sounds discouraging. It is all rather vague now and I don't
want to give you false hopes.

Ole