Re: Problems with XOpenDisplay

>   [ XOpenDisplay fails, esp. when display is remote ]

I think we never figured out the real source of the problem, but it
seems that XOpenDisplay will fail if any interrupt occurs while it's
waiting for a response from the server.  We "solved" the problem by
blocking signals around the call.  [Self gets 50 or so timer
interrupts / sec, so any connection taking longer than that has a hard
time getting established...]  Let me know if you need more details.

In case there are any X hackers out there who really know what's going
on, we'd certainly appreciate any suggestions for a real fix.

-Urs