Re: Self: The Choice Of The Next Generation

Hi!

The next version has lots of stuff including a easily
extensible UI framework, a much better object transporter,
and an completely new programming environment. Privacy
syntax has been removed from the language; privacy
info in now kept in slot annotations. We are using
annotations much more heavily than before. The VM
features growable heaps and we've replaced most of
the magic environment variables with facilities
available from within Self.

There's probably more I could add, but these are the
big items. We're currently planning to get this release
out "sometime next spring."

	-- John