Re: wish list

> From jecel@lsi.usp.br  Tue Oct 31 09:11:44 1995
> Date: Tue, 31 Oct 1995 15:22:31 -0200
> From: jecel@lsi.usp.br ("Jecel Mattos de Assumpcao Jr.")
> To: self-interest@self.sunlabs.com
> Subject: wish list
>
> It has been a looong time since I last was able to sit down and
> play around with Self 4.0 :-(
>
> Here is what I would like to do if I get a chance (if someone else
> wants to do them, be my guest! If I had written this list late
> last year, I would have included a web browser and a Smalltalk
> emulator as the two most desirable apps! ):
>
>  - xeyes: I did create a stupid little morph that always looks
>    at the first cursor, but I would redo it right this time. I
>    was able to learn a lot in just the half an hour it took me
>    to do this, but I used the mouseMoved: event rather than an
>    activity.

It's funny that you mention xeyes, because I also implemented the same thing
in Self a month ago.  I called the morph a "pupil".  When embedded in a
circleMorph, it follows the handMorph, staying within its owner circleMorph.
I implemented it so that it can be associated with any handMorph.  The second
mouse button on the pupil brings up a menu with "Start" and "Stop".  Pressing
"Start" associates the pupil with the handMorph that chose the option, and
subscribes mouse events.

It appears to work fine, except that for some reason, the carpetMorph no longer
works properly when the pupil is active.  The carpet gets confused about where
its origin is, and it appears to the right and below from where the handMorph
is.  If I can solve this problem and can figure out how to get the module
subsystem to save my new module (it is giving me some weird error with a
debugger showing a stack with only 1 frame!!!), I will release this to contrib.

BTW, what it is a CMOS emulator?  Does this have something to do with
CMOS in computers?