Re: Zippier outliner development environment?

> If I drag a closed outliner around over an empty portion of
> the world, I am quite pleased with the redraw speed.
> But when I start dragging open outliners around over other
> open outliners, things really slow down.

An open outliner has 15 ba-zillion morphs in it. When you carry one open
outliner over another that's 30 ba-zillion redraws coming down the
wire.

It's not really bad locally, as other Ultra users have testified.  I would
take a wild stab and guess that your bottleneck is the speed of your
X-server.

If we ever do another release, you would find an optional "simple
outliners" mode.  This is good for introductory programming -- regular
outliners have become awfully decorated.  (A "simple outliner" has
somewhat fewer morphs.)

Sorry can't help much!  Best of luck,

	--Randy