The Subjective Prototype

I have just found the ECOOP96 papers at

http://linus.socs.uts.edu.au/~cotar/proto/programme.html

Great stuff - I wish someone had announced it more widely.

I found Randy's subjective paper particularly interesting,
though I didn't understand the part of having to search
layers or objects first.

This seems a little related to SmalltalkAgent's namespaces
thing that I mentioned here some time ago. I didn't find
any details on that, so I don't know how similar it is.

I have been interested in viewpoint oriented programming
for a long time - ever since I noticed that even in a language
with single inheritance an object can have many children
(extensions, in a language that allows data inheritance as
Self does).

Now I am going to read the other papers....

-- Jecel